Sorting Line Associate
Compensation: $10 per/hr
WHY WE STARTED GLASS RECYCLING
Americans throw away an estimated 8 million tonnes of glass every single year . . . never to be recovered again. Shocking right??? As a group of young millennials who inherently value the world in which we live, we knew we couldn't just stand idly by and watch as nothing was being done about it. Thus was born Clear Intentions, our vision at turning a new leaf towards the future of sustainable recycling.
Do you enjoy guitar hero? Or working with your hands instead of staring at a computer screen?
We are seeking a handful of reliable individuals to come work with us in our warehouse. The primary activity will be working on our sorting line, where you man a moving conveyor belt tossing your assigned glass color into a shoot, much like playing guitar hero (as we’ve been told by current associates). General cleanup is required after every shift.
Additional work is available for anyone who is handy with tools and enjoys assembling equipment.
This is an on-call position that has the potential to move into a part time position.
Standard days are Tuesdays and Fridays, but not every week.
Notice of available shifts is sent out a few days in advance of each shift to confirm attendance.
You do not have to be available for every shift, just come work with us when you can!
- Sort glass on an elevated platform with conveyor system
- Assist with cleaning and organizing the warehouse and storage yard as directed
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your supervisor.
- Assist others with lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc.
- Ensure that any equipment you used is cleaned and properly stored at the end of a shift.
- Must be able to stand 6-8 hrs/day
- Must be able to pass an eye color test
- Recent warehouse/sorting line experience preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Steel toed shoes/boots are preferred but not required for most shifts
Please complete our job application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org